Social media networks were a novelty 5 years ago, but today their importance is no longer debated. Yes, businesses have definitely realized the power of social media and accepted that social media marketing has to be part of their marketing and PR mix.
In Social Media Examiner’s 2013 End of Year Report, marketers now place very high value on social media marketing:
- 86% of marketers stated that social media is important for their business
- 89% of marketers stated that increased exposure was the number one benefit of social media marketing
These are the definitive benefits of social media marketing that are listed:
- Increased exposure
- Increased traffic
- Developed loyal fans
- Generated leads
- Improved search ranking
- Grew business partnerships
- Reduced marketing expenses
- Improved sales
- Provided marketplace insight
Social Media is the Game Changer
It’s obvious that social media will continue to have a significant impact in 2014 on marketers and business owners: They now have the ability to reach out and communicate on a personal level with their target audience on a daily basis. This is a game changer for businesses engaging in marketing, sales, customer service and other business activities. This is very powerful and has never been available with traditional marketing!
The success gap is widening between businesses that are using social media in an informal, ad hoc manner and those taking a more planned, strategic approach.
This has significant implications:
- Businesses that use social media strategically are more satisfied with the results than ad hoc users, who are more skeptical about the value of social media.
- Businesses that use social media as part of a planned corporate approach are 1.5 to 2 times more likely to anticipate revenue growth than ad hoc users.
CONTACT US TODAY!
Get your business online and take advantage of one hundred twenty-seven million internet users in SA alone.